Thursday, June 16, 2011

Twiggy Tutorial


Here is my very first makeup tutorial EVER! I decided to show how to make a look inspired by the 60's model Twiggy. You can stop when the makeup is complete or go on, like I did, and throw on a few fake lashes. Up to you! I hope you enjoy it, and please leave a comment. I would love some feedback and a few suggestions on tutorials you'd like to see!

Inspiration:
Famous picture of Twiggy.


Products Used:


Tutorial:
Step One:
I put all of the makeup I was using together, and I put my hair up so I had a blank canvas to work with.
Step Two:
Eye Shadow/Shade Stick: I covered the whole eyelid only once with the white. Closer to the lid, I went over it two more times making it darker each time.
Step Three:
White Eyeliner: I lined the top and bottom lids with the white liner. I kind of look like a clown right now. Not to worry!
Step Four:
Liquid Liner: Next, I lined the TOP eyelid only with the black liquid liner. I extended it a bit farther out than what the Twiggy inspiration photo did, but that was a stylistic choice. You should play with it, and find where you want it.
Step Five:
Mascara: Volumizing and lengthening mascara were added next. You may choose to use only one depending on the eyes you have.
Step Six:
Lipstick: Now I added the Apricot lipstick to give it that mod, nude look! You can choose to stop here or continue with me by adding a few more fun details.
Step Seven (Optional):
Extras: Last, but not least, I added top and bottom lashes. I also added the line of jewels under my eye for extra definition.
Finished Product:
Without lashes and with lashes!


Here is my sister, erica_star, and our spokes doll, pinupdollsblog, to show how the Twiggy makeup looks on different dolls.

erica_star
pinupdollsblog

Please send us your screen shots of your dolls in the makeup too! So you don't have to spend stardollars and starcoins on it, you can put all of this on while shopping in the dressing room! Just email the pictures to us, and we'll put up all of the pictures we get on here.


All Stardoll images are owned by Stardoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment