Thursday, June 2, 2011

Seamstress: gucci***gurl





I have found a wonderful seamstress named gucci***gurl. I love her vintage inspired designs and I hope you do too! Here is a small interview and a few pictures of her designs. Enjoy!


Teal:  So I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. Very basic just so the readers can get to know a little bit more about you. I know I started out designing for myself first. Wanting to fill my stardoll wardrobe with clothes I would wear in real life. How did you first start designing?


gucci***gurl:  I started when they first introduced the feature, I wanted a damask patterned dress so I made one! In those days non-superstars could design as well which was lucky because I only became a superstar a few months ago.




Teal:  What are your influences? You have a gorgeous line of vintage inspired dresses. Is there something specific, like any real life clothing that you own, that inspires you?


gucci***gurl:  Probably the dresses on pinupgirlclothing.com, I'm a huge fan of Laura Byrnes' photography - which is how I found the site. It costs a lot to get the clothes in New Zealand, but I found a reseller that sells them pretty cheap.


Teal:  I love your color palate! It's very soft and delicate. Probably my favorite part of your whole collection. What can we expect from your next collection if you have even started thinking about it?


gucci***gurl:  I have no idea! I tend to just make whatever comes to my mind at the time



Visit gucci***gurl's bazaar!


No comments:

Post a Comment