Friday, June 17, 2011

Doll House: Anne.Sofie


I am back with another amazing suite created by Anne.Sofie! Her suite inspires me so much, and she is very nice to talk to as well. All throughout her suite, she clearly has a vision. While the colors are more neutral, her suite is anything but boring. She has played with textures to create interest in her rooms. Anne.Sofie uses wood grains, furs, stone, animal prints, brick, and geometric patterns beautifully. BlackVelouria also pointed out how she has placed orchids in almost every single room. It is said that the orchid represents love, beauty, luxury, and strength which I think sums up Anne.Sofie's suite quite well. Such a lovely and pure addition. Please go by and visit her excellent suite! Bellow I've put some pictures up of her rooms, and a very thoughtful interview. I think you can really see that Anne.Sofie puts a lot of thought into everything she does and is always true to herself. Enjoy and please leave a comment below!

I love how she has used the couch as a head board and pillows. So creative!

The LE chair Anne.Sofie mentions in the interview is just perfect. It really compliments the room so well. I like the idea of her forever changing rooms, as if they are living, breathing things.

Alie: What was the first room you started decorating and finished?
Anne.Sofie: Well, I've changed my suite a lot since I started to decorate it, but I think the oldest of the current rooms is the bedroom on the 2nd floor to the right (shown above). I always make small changes to my rooms, however, so it looks a bit different now than it did when I first 'finished' it. I mean, when the LE furniture came out, I bought the fur covered chair and placed it in the bedroom instead of the chair that was there before because the fur and the colour of it suited the rest of the room so well. That's why I never consider any of my rooms to be 'complete' or 'finished', simply because there are always new things to add and so on. It's a 'work in progress' as I like to call it.

Great textures are being used here! The brick, the long thin rectangular tiles, the mesh rug under the table, the shiny surfaces... wonderful.

Alie: Which room of your suite is your favorite?
Anne.Sofie: This is a tough one to answer as I'm very pleased with all of my rooms because they represent me so well, but if I were to choose just one I'd choose the kitchen I made in the Beach Villa room (pictured last). It turned out really well, I think. The size of the room allowed me to make the kitchen I had always dreamed of making since we here in Denmark really value kitchens as one of, if not THE, most important rooms in a house or apartment. It's big with lots of space and there's a lot of personal details such as the wallpaper I designed and also the floor since I - as far as I know and at least within my circle of friends- was the first one to use the stones as a floor.


Here you can see Anne.Sofie's home made desk. What a great idea! And a new texture is shown in the chair. I also love the scene she has created outside the window using branches.

I feel as though I would never, ever want to leave this room! It has a subtle feel of the Serengeti with the play of animals.

Alie: What is your inspiration for your rooms?
Anne.Sofie: I gather inspiration anywhere and everywhere, really. I like visiting other people's suites and find inspiration there. It's not because I copy their ideas, it's more because seeing their ideas and their way of decorating sort of triggers my own creativity and makes me think of my own ways to create different things. I do a lot of DIY in my suite. I create my own furniture and so on, such as the desk I created (3rd floor on right and pictured two up). I think that's the most fun and also what makes my suite more unique because I don't just settle for the furniture Stardoll has made available to me. If I need a piece of furniture and I don't like any of the ones in the StarPlaza or the SuiteShop, then I simply go ahead and make one myself.

Very zen. She has utilized this interior very nicely, and has really drawn the viewers eye to the bed by placing it under the lights, and having it framed by the walls.

My dream kitchen as well as Anne.Sofie's. Brilliant use of the beach villa stone floor. She was the first that I saw to use it like that! Love!

Alie: What advice would you give someone who was just starting to decorate their suite?
Anne.Sofie: The advice I always follow myself is really simple: I always try to decorate my rooms the way I would want them to look if it was a real life house/apartment. For example, I think to myself, "what does my dream living room look like?" Another important thing to remember is to stay true to yourself and your own style. Just because everyone decorates their suite in a certain style doesn't mean that YOU have to, and don't ever copy anyone. We all get inspired by each other, but nothing, NOTHING, good comes from copying someone else.

Please go by and look Anne.Sofie's suite in it's entirety! My post does not do it justice. I hope you all enjoyed reading her wonderful and in depth interview. I hope it has inspired you as much as it does me. If you go to her suite, please only leave nice comments and NO spamming! Although I don't think you dolls would do that anyways ^-^ Please leave a comment below, and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I visit her suite often because she has got a very specific style and I really admire it.
    Oliwia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! What an absolutely gorgeous suite.

    ReplyDelete